Monday, July 19, 2010

Mummy thought wrong!

I've been trying to find an easy, no fuss receipe for muslei bars. For my wonderful boys to eat. I thought I was on to a winner today. The new found receipe only had a handful of ingredients, which can be substituted for others if wanting too. And the method for making was easy as.

Cowboy loves porridge, so thought the oats in his bars would suit.




This photo was taken off my phone, and my phone decided to crop the photo for me?! But you can tell they look pretty darn yummy.

Oats, desicated coconut, s/r flour, choc chips, honey and butter.


We had the taste test 10 minutes ago.

Blue eyes and myself enjoyed ours..

Cowboy had only taken a couple of bites, and protested ~ mummy i only like my muslei bars with honey and choc chips. NO uncle toby's (oats!)

Will see how he goes over the next week, as there are heaps and we don't go shopping until next week. (they are the only muslei type bars we have in the cupboard) Fingers crossed he is just pulling a 4 yr old moment. Which reminds me his birthday is in a couple of weeks! He turns 4 on the 8th August. I need to get cracking and find him a bicycle for his birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Well, if Cowboy doesn't want to eat his share, heck, send those yummy bars my way!!! :)
    Hmmm, looks like I am going to have to try my hand at making my own. Sounds simple enough which is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very simple, I will post the receipe in my next post! Ben has been unwell again with a cold so they have been right up his alley to munch on!

    ReplyDelete