Most of the pots in this picture are native plants, but ben also has in this row a potted lemon, which just had heaps of flowers. We got 4 lemons off it last time. Its starting to do really well. And he has a kumquat (i think thats how its spelt..) which we haven't done much with. Blue eyes likes to pick the ripe fruit off it (he seems to know which is ripe and which isnt), he doesn't like it though. He makes the funniest faces, but he keeps going back for more!! We also put some of them into a rumtopf (alcoholic liqueur thing) which should be ready at new years!! Right at the top of this photo is what we tried to do with the potatoes.. Not quite sure how to explain it, this is why i wanted ben to help me to these sort of blogs, such a greater gardener than me, i just water and pick the rewards! We made a circular wire frame i guess and put the potatoes in the bottom i think and straw on top as the plant grew thru the straw, then added more straw. Unfortunately the tatties only grew in the bottom where the dirt was. So back to the drawing board for potatoes!!
I have been talking to ben for awhile about making a chart for our cowboy. He is growing very fast and needs a little guidence to get things done. Just simple things like getting himself dressed and eating all his dinner. So i decided to make a chart that we can put stickers on and if he has stickers on everything at the end of the week he will get some pocket money. I was going to go out and buy a whole heap of stuff to make it with. But realised i had some scrap booking items (were a prezzie from my mum ages ago). I've always wanted to try scrap booking but haven't really got around to it. I'm a little crafty but my craft is painting. not so good with the glue and fiddle bits.. So i sat down today while blues was sleeping (still is) he had a bad night sleep last night and is a little off colour, and i put it together. I realised when i went to glue together, that i don't really have the right glue for the job. Oh well, i'm not trying to win an award and it still looks good! I'm going to put it in a plastic sleeve so i can easily take the stickers off each week. Hopefully it will work!!